Wednesday, April 27, 2011

eating crackers....

{Here is a picture of what Weston's tube looks like, we are now only using this at night While he is sleeping so he get enough calories in for the day}
last week my kids and I headed over to my parents house for some play time with Nana and Papa. We are working on getting Weston use to other people holding him besides Mark and myself, lets just say that this has been a BIG deal! we are still working on it! We were there pretty much all day it was just before dinner time and my dad was holding Weston and he wasn't freaking out, I thought dang I wish I had my camera. I came back into the family room and to my SURPRISE my dad was feeding Weston a cracker, ok for "Normal" kids his age they should be eating table food by now but no not our Weston. He has MAJOR sensory to textures of food. He HATE anything that is dry he will start gagging like crazy if you try and feed him the little fruit puffs or a cracker anything DRY! Well he did it he ate my dad's entire cracker and LOVE it! Has he done it again NO! but hey I will take what I can get! So that was a BIG day for me. I never thought in a million years I would get SOOO excited over one of my kids eating a cracker.
Happy Days!

2 comments:

  1. Go Weston! So proud of you, big boy. You are looking healthier and bigger every time I see you!
    You are such a great mom, Annie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? A cracker? Woo-Hoo! YaY Weston!

    ReplyDelete