Wednesday, April 27, 2011

bath time



Weston Steven Skousen:
we are learning more and more each day about what makes Weston HAPPY!
Weston's favorite thing to do is take a BATH, if he is having a major sensory overload kind of day I will place him in the bath and he will be happy for hours, one of the reasons Weston loves the bath so much is because he is looking for that DEEP PRESSURE, he sits in the bath and hits the water as HARD as he can. Some other things he loves to do to find that deep pressure is swing in a blanket Mark and I at night place him in a blanket and swing him back and forth.Weston gets deep pressure lotion rubs 2 to 4 times a day. His new thing he is doing which is NOT a GOOD thing is he hits his head on everything and says"PAPA PAPA PAPA" while he is doing it, He now gets to wear a fun little helmet, because he is harming himself! the reason behind doing all these little things each and everyday is to help him not go into a major sensory overload if he does which still happens a lot he stops eating and just cries ALOT! Weston doesn't really have any interest in toys so I try and give him PLAY BATH TIME at least 2 times a day because thats what make him happy! play time= bath time

3 comments:

  1. He is so precious Annie! He is so sweet and you're amazing for all that you do. I hope I can be as amazing of a mom as you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie, Annie! It's amazing what passes for "normal" sometimes with kids! I have to give you props for being able to do so much for your family! We sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Weston! you have grown so much and are such a happy boy! We love you! (and I hope one day you will like me too and let me hold you!)

    ReplyDelete